WELCOME TO ANNIE'S ANTICS!

Annie and Geordie

Annie and Geordie
Christmas Eve 2009
1

FEAR is Not Your Friend! My Thoughts on Propelling to a Happier Life

Posted by Annie on 2:41 AM in , , , , , , ,
I have been taking a LOT of time away from my blog, as a friend pointed out to me this evening. I decided that I would share with you that I have been on a deep, sometimes happy, sometimes very difficult journey with MYSELF.
There have been a lot of things in "life" that I just don't understand right now. The economy, too much political jabbering, negativity ALL around and it has held me captive.
Another person in my life, who has (my words) mentored me with kindness, understanding and most of all, had patience when I kept asking the same thing over and over and didn't realize it, summed it all up in an impromptu discussion on her radio show last night.
FEAR is driving so many of us in our decisions, dashing our hopes and dreams, leaving us emotionally exhausted, if not devastated and I'm not sure we even know that it's happening.
We feed ourselves trying to be "in the know" on news that is never good, we don't look closely enough at ourselves to really even know who we are. We all have God-given gifts and talents that FEAR prevents us from using. Sometimes fear takes the gifts that we ARE using and we convince ourselves of all sorts---not good enough, too overwhelmed with other issues, too this, too that--always an excuse.
My friend calls money "PAPER." She is right. We DO have to have "paper" to get by. We do have to have "paper" to even do things we enjoy when we can. But lack of paper for most of us allows fear to completely take over and we truly lose sight of ourselves and all the wonderful things we are on this earth to accomplish.
"Fear," as though it were an entity, will tell you that you can't afford this or that, you will never get out of debt, you will never find that dream job---AND YOU WON'T with that attitude! Negative, fear inducing self-talk is not your friend.
I'm thinking we should go back to basics here. Take the rubber band approach. When you find yourself thinking negatively, discipline yourself HARD, change the way you're thinking and MANIFEST GOOD, POSITIVE THOUGHTS! "Manifestation" is a big part of what I have learned from my friend in Arizona. She is patient, she has a knowing way about her that has allowed me to stumble, fall, and hit rock bottom in order that I might look UP and see that it's the thought process I have been using that will never manifest things in the way I once did. She has had FAITH in me, not "feared' for me. She has encouraged me to address "what is holding me back" and it boils down to a four letter word-FEAR. So, how much does it cost to VISUALIZE yourself in that dream job? A new home? Having the education you always wanted? Zilch! But the power in your thoughts MANIFESTS the positive,if allowed and catapults you to a place that you can see results by "thinking" your way there---SEEING yourself in better situations, believing that you ARE in the life situation that you want to be.
Banishing fear in this day and time just might be the ticket, certainly to an emotionally healthy "you" and we should all decide to banish fear and GO FOR WHAT WE WANT. As a people, I can't help believing that so many things would turn around. Do we REALLY need "government" to tell us what we are capable of? Lawyers to tell us if our dreams are legal? NO! We need healthy attitudes that will turn our lives around and we will be HAPPY! How's that for something you don't hear about so much anymore? "Happiness!" Novel! If we don't dwell on how to "fix" the negatives in our lives, accept that they are there, but do not let them dominate us, we all can be on a path with a MUCH brighter tomorrow. I believe that with all my heart...and hope you will too.
Till next time,
FEARLESS Annie

|

1 Comments


Thanks for that post- it really applies to where I'm at in my life right now. What you've written was very practical and up lifting <3

Award Winning Zimbio Contributor

My Zimbio

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates