WELCOME TO ANNIE'S ANTICS!

Annie and Geordie

Annie and Geordie
Christmas Eve 2009
2

New Year, New Look, New Outlook...

Posted by Annie on 4:58 AM in , , , , ,
It's now January 7, 2010...wow. Already a week into the new year and I'm still not caught up from losing an hour last spring for daylight saving time!
Christmas has come and gone, all the ornaments and Christmas items are tucked back into the attic, waiting for another year.
All the tv commercials at bombarding us with weight loss solutions, giving up smoking, new ways to pile up our clothes...errrr..I mean exercise equipment and any number of things they can hit us with regarding resolutions. I always resolve not to make resolutions. I simply just proceed forward into the new year with a feeling of hope, chance, opportunity and what life has to throw at me. I don't feel this year that I went kicking and screaming to leave 2009. I was ready to put the that baby to bed. Now that it's truly in the rear view mirror, I couldn't be happier!
I typically use this fresh start as a time of reflection on things I do want to accomplish, and certain goals I'd really like to achieve and imagine what might be ahead. However to RESOLVE to do anything is another matter entirely. I can bet ten dollars to a doughnut that if I do, they'll never happen! Murphy's law makes sure of that.
I kind of like the element of surprise as well. For example, I had not planned on searching out a new look for my blog, but I found one that suited me, so I've spent the past couple of hours toying around with gadgets, widgets and all sorts. It has been fun to refresh the page.
If I take a look at it symbolically, refreshing the page is a good thing! There is a new perspective, a new approach and something fresh. Those things are exciting.
I can also count blessings as I am making these seemingly insignificant changes to a little bitty blog. I write because it makes me feel good. I write because I can. The past year didn't afford me the time to devote as I had the year before, so I decided that I'll be focusing on more posts this year. I'm sure I'll ponder a variety of topics and of course, there will always be humor peppered somewhere in anything I write! I have to have that.
We can look at the new year, (in fact, a whole new decade, if you can believe it) as a time for new approaches...even to old, leftover issues from the previous year. Knocking a layer of dust off of the mundane might allow a little sunshine to hit the dark places so that new thoughts and ideas can emerge. I'm preaching to myself here! I love it!
So, I've spiffed up my blog page a little, added myself some music that I hope you too will enjoy and will be looking for fun things you can do while you visit! (I had a pinball machine that ROCKED posted earlier, but it kept playing a crazy Febreez (or however you spell it) commercial that irritated me, so I deleted it. I'll find something else to play with. I like bubble pop games a lot-but I was a little bummed that the pinball had to go.
There's the way I'll look at my new year and new decade. Some things will remain the same, some will be freshened up a bit and some things will simply have to go. It's all about change, accepting what must be changed and continuing to find the things that "work." I think I'll take my own words under advisement! Now to get to my closet that I've GOT to get cleaned out! (See? There's just no time for me to be making resolutions!)
Here's wishing you ALL the very best that 2010 has to offer and I'm glad you stopped by. Come by often, bring up topics, throw caution to the wind and choose a "reduce pressure" year! I'll talk about what's on my mind...and you can too! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Make it a great one!
Till next time,
Annie

|

2 Comments


Hi Annie,

I like your new look here. I sort of lost touch with my blog friends as some things finally hit me, such as being unemployed. Now as I look towards my new direction in life, I have to remember to take the friends with me I already have.

And I am also looking forward to your increased writing efforts.


And yes, Cliff, no matter what, please don't forget to take us--your friends--with you...in the valleys and on top of the mountains. We will always be there for you. Never forget that! -Annie

Award Winning Zimbio Contributor

My Zimbio

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates