WELCOME TO ANNIE'S ANTICS!

Annie and Geordie

Annie and Geordie
Christmas Eve 2009
2

Snow days...Thinking days.

Posted by Annie on 3:33 PM in , , , , , , , ,
Today has been a day of off and on snow. In fact, this morning, the ground was covered, then the snow melted and the ground is waiting to be covered again by the fine, but plentiful snowflakes falling outside.
Days like today are gray, some would call them gloomy, cold and shadowy. I like them. In fact, I like them a lot. In a pioneering type spirit, days like this make me want to give up any resistance and "think." Lord knows there's plenty to think about! I could stay close to home with my thoughts, I could extend my thoughts to others in prayer, I could think about my country or even the world at large. Will I journal these thoughts? Probably not. I think I like the idea of my thoughts falling away like the snowflakes today. I don't have any agenda...just my usual cup of coffee and an amazingly warm robe. I looked a little Tibetan and had to laugh at myself going to the mailbox. I had on fur boots, a fur hat, purple gloves and an amazing hot pink plush robe that comes down to my calves. I think any Tibetan would like that! I felt strangely proud and wondered if my attachment to the Tibetan people and their plight is because I was once a Tibetan woman from Lhasa in another life. I pray for that culture every day.
Now see? I just let my mind do all sorts of fun things...all because of a trip to the mailbox. It's EASY to let your mind comfort you, surprise you, take you places afar, or just let thoughts ramble on and on and ponder. Some of our best ideas, most comforting reassurances and relaxing times are when we allow ourselves to just "be." No plans, no attachments to the clock, keeping things that press us at bay and enjoying the time that is "now."
Whether it is snowing or not where you live, take a snow day in your mind! Enjoy all the things your heart would love to share with you.
As for me, I have a warm coffee mug/hand warmer that beckons and wonderful thoughts to be thunk.
I wish for you amazing thoughts to be thunk as well!
Till next time!
Annie

|

2 Comments


Wow, I was just using FeedDemon and I really love everything you have to say.
Cheers!
My website: www.swtorbotreview.com


Thanks so much, Anonymous! Please visit again! I'll certainly check out your blog too.

Award Winning Zimbio Contributor

My Zimbio

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates