WELCOME TO ANNIE'S ANTICS!

Annie and Geordie

Annie and Geordie
Christmas Eve 2009
1

And They Knelt Down At Midnight in Honor of the Birth of the Christ Child...

Posted by Annie on 5:33 AM

Here is a Christmas story of my own life that I have carried with me since I was a little girl.
I had always wanted to be a veterinarian. I LOVED animals of every kind...that part hasn't changed.
Each Christmas, I wanted SO much to go to our stables and see if our horses REALLY did kneel at midnight. I envisioned the reverence, the respect and the glory...even as a child...and while there were visions of mangers, Santa Claus and all the excitement of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day awaiting, I imagined such a sight with clarity and how I truly believed our horses would quietly kneel for a time in their stalls and honor Him...the Christ Child.
I never got to see that happen. It was always "too late to go up on the mountain where our stables were" and as an adult, I realize parents keep late hours on Christmas Eve getting for the "arrival of Santa." Sleep generally eluded me (seems those things haven't changed either) on Christmas Eve, as it does all children (and even some adult children!) but I found a story this early Christmas Eve morning that has allowed me to live "vicariously" through a story that none other than a veterinarian had posted on his blog.
I thought I'd share it with you too.
FAITH...BELIEF...HOPE...are the words that lead us to continue to believe on the things we cannot see...but know in our hearts surely can be...and are true.
Here's wishing you the very MERRIEST Christmas ever...and NEVER EVER give up the kind faith that a only a child can hold so steadfastly.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MY HEART AND HOME TO YOURS!
Love,
Annie
Here is the link to "Ask Dr. Dan" and the story he tells:
http://askdrdan.com/?p=356

|

1 Comments


Merry Christmas Annie. And thank you for a friendship that we have established in the past few months, one of the good things that comes from modern technology.

Award Winning Zimbio Contributor

My Zimbio

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates