WELCOME TO ANNIE'S ANTICS!

Annie and Geordie

Annie and Geordie
Christmas Eve 2009
1

Sharing, Caring, Giving and Receiving...Christmas Thoughts

Posted by Annie on 12:22 AM


It has been quite a while since I have posted. Life has been busy and I have neglected to take the time to organize thoughts and keep my blog as updated as I have previously. I appreciate those of you who have contacted me to say, "Where the heck are your blog posts?" I'm SO SORRY about that! With apologies out of the way, I am stunned to realize it's Christmas time again!
Seems like I was just posting about Christmas and another year has snapped by in a flash.
In ways many things have changed and in others, thankfully, things have remained the same. I've made through another year, my family is healthy and happy and life is good.
I have the best doggoned friends imaginable---just ask me!
The subject of this post came easy for me. The four words I used are ones that came to mind immediately as I sat down to type this. In using those four words on a daily basis, we are truly able to keep "the Christmas spirit" alive throughout the year. This year feels different to me in a lot of ways. Economically, I am doing things completely differently. I haven't decorated in the ways that I normally would and have even dubbed it "Christmas Lite." But, the "lite" part has NOTHING to do with having a lesser focus on Christmas. On the contrary, it has been a discovery of keeping CHRISTMAS IN FOCUS and on target and not allowing the trappings to remove the humility and love of this beautiful season. I adore the lights, the MUSIC, watching how others show their own individuality when it comes to celebrating Christmas.
So, I look back on this year and ask myself these questions: Have I shared? "Not as much as I would have liked to have been able to" comes to mind first. However, if I look closely, I've shared in different ways this year, than I have previously in my life. This year has been a year of complete change in everything I have known to be "true." I have learned that sharing of myself is important, just as much as monetarily.
My family, my friends, my animals all give me purpose...and that purpose is something I have to share. Albeit a different way of sharing, I have shared and want to share more in those areas. The second word I used was caring. Have I cared as much as I could have this year? Absolutely! I care deeply, so deeply about my life, my family and many, many blessings that I have been gifted with this year. I care so deeply about everyone in my life, situations and circumstances that I am aware of and can become involved in...be it prayer for the friend of a friend, or giving a hug to someone who clearly needs one. I have learned that "caring" is a verb. Taking actions that truly show "you care." Looking into the eyes and soul of someone when they say, "Everything is fine" when things are just not fine at all is always an opportunity to take action and CARE. The third word that came to mind is giving. This won't be too dissimilar to what I had to say about "sharing." Giving of time, love, a listening ear, learning that money isn't the only way to 'give' to another has been very important to me this year. Giving TIME is probably the most valuable gift we can give to one another. Never be "too busy" if at all possible to take the time to GIVE TIME to another. The last word I chose is "receiving." That has always been difficult for me. I'd RATHER give. This year, I have had to learn to "receive" and be able to do it without feeling "guilt." My personality has previously not allowed for receiving much. I don't know how to accept compliments graciously, I don't know how to "receive" in general! Receiving has been a word that has been elusive to me...until this year. It has been one of the most difficult, yet beautiful "gifts" I have ever been given. I'd rather be graciously handing out the OTHER three words I just discussed. That said, I am so very grateful for all the events that have occurred in the past year. It is Christmas time. I am thankfully reminded that God so loved the world that He gave his ONLY begotten son...and whosever believeth on Him shall NOT perish, but have everlasting life." That is the most true gift that any single one of us could ever "receive." To open our hearts and receive the one gift that Christmas truly is based upon should never be lost in all the beauty the season offers.
I wish you all the very MERRIEST of Christmases and more love and beauty of the season than your heart can hold. May God's richest blessings abound in your lives, may the words SHARING, CARING, GIVING AND RECEIVING never been too far from your mind and your heart in the coming year. I wish you all the peace and all the love you can ever dream of!
Till next time (and it won't be so long till next time!)
Annie

|

1 Comments


Good post and a good way to capture the Christmas spirit.

A good post to read over and over again.

Award Winning Zimbio Contributor

My Zimbio

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates