WELCOME TO ANNIE'S ANTICS!

Annie and Geordie

Annie and Geordie
Christmas Eve 2009
0

Christmas Eve Eve, Celebrating CHRISTMAS, Magic Moments and Memories! Christmas Time is Here!




Yes, that's right. The title of this post is "Christmas Eve Eve."
The day before the day before Christmas.
Around here, it's a very important day. A lot gets done on this day, Christmas is within reach and the build of excitement begins around our house.
Cookies, appetizers, treats and yummy concoctions abound! Russian tea cookies courtesy of Peepaw, Marah's now famous Magic Cookie bars (she's made since she was a wee little thing!), our own recipe sausage balls, home made egg nog, chess bars, and other tasty delights are about to envelop our home. These are the fragrances of love, warmth and celebration. Everything is usually in full swing by now, but Marah has to work through Christmas Eve, so I'll start without her this year.
It's Christmastime! The most exciting time of the year. The weather is even cooperating...it was in the teens last night.
Now, if we could just get the moisture in the air to cooperate with the temperatures, we'd be in business for a white Christmas! I know my friends up north are probably excited to a point, but I don't want any danger at all for them, no loss of power and for them to be able to enjoy a beautiful white Christmas without any hassle whatsoever! Most importantly, we wish those who are inundated with snow safe travels! (Shout out to Pam! I'm still drooling over the CAKE!!!)
Even as adults, there's a little pitter patter that starts in our hearts with the days leading up to Christmas. It's unavoidable! All the sights, sounds, music, friends dropping by...all of these are warm and welcome happenings at Christmastime. It's such fun to see children with an extra glimmer in their eyes. The anticipation is contagious!
Memories of Christmases past abound and it all makes for "the most wonderful time of the year!"
I have to say that I noticed retailers were not as happy to take my Christmas dollar this year. For the economy to be in such a wreck, it was like any other shopping day in June. That is so sad. During Christmastime, I'm used to being wished a MERRY CHRISTMAS, seeing employees in Santa hats, little pins that say "Jesus is the Reason for the Season," etc. but this year....nothing. I guess the politically correct crowd and their assault on Christmas think they have scored a big point...for what reason? I don't get it.
Now explain to me again, THEY destroy such a wonderful and beautiful celebration and WE lose national tradition that is steeped in love and beauty? And remind me, what gets accomplished in this? More divisiveness? That's just exactly what America needs.
America needs MORE CHRISTMAS! As for me and my house, WE WILL CELEBRATE AND HONOR THE BIRTHDAY OF JESUS CHRIST! No "HAPPY HOLIDAY/SEASON'S GREETINGS" stuff here! It's CHRISTMAS! And we will not give up this beautiful season of love and light.
I wish all my non-Christian friends wonderful celebrations of their faith, should they be occurring this time of year. I always do. I am in hopes that all Americans who are not Christian will not impede, but embrace this beautiful season, beautiful story and sacred time of year in the Christian faith.
As I look at our tree, listen to the chilly wind blowing the chimes outside and think of all the wonderful aromas that will be coming from our kitchen shortly, I want to wish you ALL a VERY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Here's wishing you safe travels, magical moments, lovely sights and sounds for your Christmas celebrations! May this one bring all the memories your heart can hold!
Till next time.....MEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRY CHRISTMAS!
Annie

|

0 Comments

Award Winning Zimbio Contributor

My Zimbio

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates